There are admission requirements for the Employers' Council. An organisation applying for membership is required to fulfil the following conditions:
- The majority of the operational management of the organisation must be registered individually as Register-Experts or as Register Valuers with the Stichting VRT - Verenigd Register van Taxateurs. If and in so far as the management of the organisation submitting the application has only two members, at least one of them must be a Register-Expert or valuer of the kind stated here.
- The organisation must have been registered with the Chamber of Commerce as a survey/inspection/valuation firm for at least five years.
- The organisation must submit the latest financial statements to the NIVRE secretarial department so that an appraisal can be made of the viability and continuity of the organisation, with the figures being judged on the basis of financial criteria such as solvency and liquidity.
- The organisation must conduct its survey, inspection and valuation activities in an objective and ethical manner. Should a complaint be committed to the Complaints and Disputes Committee of the NIVRE about the organisation, the appraisal of the request for registration will be suspended until the complaint has been processed and appraised on the basis of the code of conduct.
- The Board reserves the right to refuse registration on the basis of past complaints procedures.
- If the organisation states that it will not be availing itself of the collective business liability insurance, it will be required to demonstrate that it has taken out insurance for business liability on conditions that at least match those which apply to the collective business liability insurance of the NIVRE.
Other provisions relating to the registration with, or removal from, the register of the Employers' Council have been included in the NIVRE Internal rules of procedure.